Game Day Safety Tips
As the Gators prepare to beat the Kentucky Wildcats for the 30th year in a row we want to make sure all the loyal fans keep themselves safe for Saturday in the Swamp. It’s easy for fans to get caught up in the fun of tailgating and attending an event so make sure to follow these tips to keep yourself safe!
- Stay hydrated
- If you’re going to be out and about all day and standing in the sun at a game make sure you’re drinking plenty of fluids to keep you hydrated.
- Always have a backup plan with your group
- It can be easy to get separated at a large event, and additional stress can be added when cell phone service isn’t good. Make sure you and your fellow sports fans have a plan of where to meet and when if you’re ever separated.
- Make sure your phone is charged
- It’s the worst when you’re looking for someone or calling a ride and your phone dies. Charge your phone before you leave the house so you don’t end up stranded.
- Try to stick with a buddy at all times
- If there’s an emergency or you have to walk a long way it’s good to have a friend with you to help keep you safe.
- If you drink don’t drive
- If you drink at a tailgate or during a game make sure you don’t drive afterwards. Taxis and Ubers are available for rides if you need one.
Have a great game day and make sure you stay safe!