Safeco Insurance has joined other insurance companies, such as Progressive and Nationwide, to offer a telematics device to drivers. RightTrack helps to evaluate your driving habits and determine whether you may be eligible for discounts on your insurance. RightTrack was released by Safeco in mid August, and it offers an up front discount of 5% for enrolling in the program and completing the review period. The program is completely free, including the tracking device.
The process is simple:
- Enroll in the program to receive your 5% discount
- You will be mailed a device with instructions on how to plug it into your car
- Drive for 90 days with an online progress checker
- After the 90-day review you will receive a discount up to 30% based on your driving. No matter what the review finds you will receive the 5% discount, but discounts are usually higher after the review.
Certain behaviors telematics devices track include:
- Hard braking
- Rapid acceleration
- How often you drive
- What time of the day you drive
For more information about discounts and enrolling in the program give us a call today (352) 371-7977