Looking for a way to get fit and enjoy the great outdoors? The parks in GainesvilleÂ provide scenery and a variety of activities that vary in intensity. Whether your interested in going for a stroll with your spouse, a bike ride with the family or a run with a friend, Gainesville and the surrounding areas provide great options for soaking up the Florida rays while you exercise.
Below are just a few of our favorite outdoor activities in the Gainesville area:
- Taking a stroll through Kanapaha Gardens
- Walking the La Chua Trail within Paynes Prairie
- BikingÂ Hawthorne Trail
- Hiking through San Felasco
- Trying out the fitness stations at Westside Park
- Climbing the steps of Devilâ€™s Millhopper
- Running laps around the track at Fred Cone Park
- Tackling the â€œstadiumsâ€ at The Swamp (Ben Hill Griffin)
What’s your favorite outdoor activity in Gainesville?